nerdnyc.com

> Boardgame Night: April 25th    > True Nerd Trivia: May 8th  

WHAT'S NEW?   RULES   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   CALENDAR   PLAYER SEARCH   PRIVATE ROOM   STEAM   NEW TO NYC?   NERDNYC SHIRTS 

whine about your migraine

Recipes, carnivores, herbivores, vegetarians, vegans, freegans, single children, twins, quintuplets...

Postby queenmob on Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:57 am

I am so sorry to hear that, thats really bad. I never had it that bad, and hope I never will. I carry around strong painkillers in my wallet, just in case. And I usually get warned by the Auras.
queenmob
Hears Call of Cthulhu

Postby boredoom on Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:32 am

boredoom wrote:
Questionor wrote:Uh green tea has caffiene

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine
6oz Green Tea - 30
12oz Coke - 34

Yeah, upon further testing, it does seem like the green tea is to blame. I'm surprised, because the tea doesn't make me jumpy and anxious the way coffee or even coke will. So for now, I drink green tea first thing in the morning on weekends as well.

Drinking green tea on weekends didn't work out. If I didn't drink the tea at 8:30 a.m., just like I did on weekdays, I would get a headache. Catching up on the tea later in the morning didn't work. So I've had to quit caffeine completely. I miss it, but weekends without fear of debilitating headaches are great.
What happens in Vegas... haunts us with the march of minutes into eternity. ~BaronHelix
boredoom
Needs to Reboot

Postby Upsetter on Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:47 pm

queenmob wrote:by the way, Bret G, have you ever heard of something called cluster-headaches -
since you had such an intense level of pain, it remdinded me of some of the symptoms I heard about cluster headache....

Ah, cluster headaches. One of my faves.

I've only had a couple of migraines in my life, but the best one hit a few years back while I was driving down Hollywood Blvd at night with oldSalty while visiting family in LA. I started to feel nauseous and all the bright street lights (and car lights) were moving, changing shape, getting brighter and more blurry by the second. I could also smell something, almost perfume-y or citrus-y. And then BOOM - pain shot out from my eyeballs and wrapped around my skull so insidiously that I thought I was going to vomit and crash into something at the same time. Luckily we were able to pull over and oldSalty took the wheel, but hot damn was that sick. Pain meds and a dark, quiet room helped, but it would be about another 24 hours before I felt "right" again. Trippy!
kajabor wrote:Weekend at Bernie's II may be the worst voodoo zombie movie ever.
Upsetter
Transmute!

Postby flojin on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:20 pm

I've been taking a LOT of ibuprofin lately, but I didn't need any today or yesterday, thank god.
With a little lip service to breaking the mould
Smile a little wider as you're waiting to be sold.

A Man, No Plan, Japan.
flojin
Needs to Reboot

Postby queenmob on Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:58 pm

@Upsetter
THATS CRAZY! Sometimes I cannot believe how something that painful does not cause permanent damage in the brain. I read an article about a guy who has cluster headaches about 30% of his day. He can not have a normal life, of course.

I recently had another migraine, but only with the Aura and suprisingly only little headache. Interesting....
queenmob
Hears Call of Cthulhu

Postby flojin on Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:00 am

Sunday I had a brutal migraine all day, but I haven't had a headache since.
With a little lip service to breaking the mould
Smile a little wider as you're waiting to be sold.

A Man, No Plan, Japan.
flojin
Needs to Reboot

Postby kajabor on Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:47 pm

Got one coming on right now. Very heavy auras! I had two start up yesterday but I nipped them in the bud with rapid medication. This one is coming on much faster, it seems, though the pain hasn't started much yet. I'm about 20% blind at the moment, with some floaty dizziness, very mild nausea, and just a touch of pain at the back of the head/neck. Waiting to see what happens!
When life gives you lemons, set it free. If it comes back to you, it's better to light a candle than to have a bird in the hand.

Twit me
kajabor
Time Slayer

Postby oldSalty on Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:51 pm

I get the auras but not the pain. The auras freak me out tho, i feel like i am moving slower when its happening. I put my head between two pillows till it passes.
Gatchafighter! The newest version of SGFOI, coming soon! My toys can beat up your toys! Gatchafighter.com
oldSalty
Word Up!

Postby queenmob on Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:33 pm

The auras are super freaky. The worst I ever had made my finger numb, one by one. I thought I had a stroke. Only happened once so far.

I freak out much less about them now, it helps :-D The only good thing about Auras is that one can take pain killers much earlier than usual.
queenmob
Hears Call of Cthulhu

Postby queenmob on Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:35 pm

kajabor wrote:Got one coming on right now. Very heavy auras! I had two start up yesterday but I nipped them in the bud with rapid medication. This one is coming on much faster, it seems, though the pain hasn't started much yet. I'm about 20% blind at the moment, with some floaty dizziness, very mild nausea, and just a touch of pain at the back of the head/neck. Waiting to see what happens!

stop typing, go to bed or something! :(
hope you're feeling better soon!
queenmob
Hears Call of Cthulhu

Previous

Return to Food, Health, Family, Fashion