nerdnyc.com

> Boardgame Night: April 25th    > True Nerd Trivia: May 8th  

WHAT'S NEW?   RULES   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   CALENDAR   PLAYER SEARCH   PRIVATE ROOM   STEAM   NEW TO NYC?   NERDNYC SHIRTS 

Potassium?

Recipes, carnivores, herbivores, vegetarians, vegans, freegans, single children, twins, quintuplets...

Postby Viper on Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:42 pm

Kazakhstan has best potassium.
Viper
a-real-wiseass.com

Postby gronti on Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:29 am

urbwar wrote:And why would you hope to be kidnapped by Canadians?

Either you didn't read all the comments above, or else we might have to take your nerd.card away.
"Finally the jokes here are getting funny." - smelly goblin
gronti
Bigfoot Hunter

Postby zuk on Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:33 am

I'm having the same problem. I do eat spinach regularly. I would take care of it through supplements, but I am apparently prone to beta carotine poisoning and most of the supplements push me in that direction.
A depressive study in humanity: Rael's lamb died on Broadway. Discuss...
An optimistic counter argument: "At the end of the day, you'll be fine" -- Neal Morse/Spock's Beard
Board Game Madness blog
Jukebox Cyclist blog
zuk
Speaks when spoken to

Postby cawshis on Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:44 am

I just eat bananas and kiwis. I love bananas. And kiwis.
"Destroying role-playing games should be a priority of every role-playing gamer"- James
cawshis
ANA President

Postby dracura on Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:27 pm

jenskot, perhaps the foods you eat might be at some point processed in such a way that their potassium content is removed. I know it happens with many nutrients in foods when cooked in certain ways, so perhaps that may be why they don't list it on labels?
It's a privilege of getting older: I get to be a mean, cranky bastard, online and the best thing is... you'll never know just how mean! - Iskander

"Sauerkraut is not a vegetable! Sauerkraut is where vegetables go to die." - TheBauhausCure
dracura
Only Knows Klingon

Postby at5115 on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:22 am

I can vouch for the potassium-power of bananas. I get leg cramps post-swimming if I don't have enough potassium, so I added a good multivitamin to my regime. Because I don't actually really like bananas. But I do like kiwi...

Melissa
Harry Potter Gold: Yo Mama so fat... when she looks in the Mirror of Erised, she sees a ham!
at5115
Showers with Swimtrunks

Postby dracura on Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:09 am

Kiwis are like little green Vitamin C grenades.
It's a privilege of getting older: I get to be a mean, cranky bastard, online and the best thing is... you'll never know just how mean! - Iskander

"Sauerkraut is not a vegetable! Sauerkraut is where vegetables go to die." - TheBauhausCure
dracura
Only Knows Klingon

Postby elricz on Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:37 pm

It turns out that I have high potassium level, at least in the test that they did today. I am sure that I have not been eating healthy lately, it is forbidden when you spend holidays in Spain.
elricz
Doritos Elemental

Previous

Return to Food, Health, Family, Fashion