nerdnyc.com

> Boardgame Night: April 25th    > True Nerd Trivia: May 8th  

WHAT'S NEW?   RULES   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   CALENDAR   PLAYER SEARCH   PRIVATE ROOM   STEAM   NEW TO NYC?   NERDNYC SHIRTS 

I love Fitocracy! (MMO for Fitness!!!)

Recipes, carnivores, herbivores, vegetarians, vegans, freegans, single children, twins, quintuplets...

Postby zuk on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:19 am

OK, for the MyFitnessPal people as well as the general exercise nuts or wannabees:

Fitocracy.com is a not-so-perfect way to track your exercise (not weight loss) in an MMO-like social environment. You log what your exercise activity is and you gain points/XP for doing it and level up like you're a hero in an MMO. There are quests that can be done which push you to the next level of whatever you are exercising on. Most activities are there, although one famously isn't:

You can give props to people for good workouts or for completing quests, there's comments you can give for encouragement or congratulations and there are groups for all different interests, locations and other types.

They are still in beta but I can send out invitations to anyone who is interested. I've created a group called NerdNYC which you can freely join. After a while, we can begin to do group challenges that'll give us XP and let us do stuff "together". If you are interested, send me a PM with your email and I'll forward an invite to you.
A depressive study in humanity: Rael's lamb died on Broadway. Discuss...
An optimistic counter argument: "At the end of the day, you'll be fine" -- Neal Morse/Spock's Beard
Board Game Madness blog
Jukebox Cyclist blog
zuk
Speaks when spoken to

Postby elricz on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:09 pm

Joined!
elricz
Doritos Elemental

Postby zuk on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:32 am

Bump. Come join us! Elricz and I are leveling up like mad!
An optimistic counter argument: "At the end of the day, you'll be fine" -- Neal Morse/Spock's Beard
Board Game Madness blog
Jukebox Cyclist blog
zuk
Speaks when spoken to

Postby jware30 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:34 am

I'm having enough trouble keeping up with MyFitnessPal...
jware30
Shoots Fireballs

Postby elricz on Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:05 pm

Level 7 today! I forgot to log this week.
elricz
Doritos Elemental

Postby Evilyn on Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:19 am

Ok, I'm in. TerryHopeless to you.
Evilyn
Forgot Real Name

Postby Iskander on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:31 am

I shall smoke you all with my cripple ways! (Ironcinder)
a.k.a. Ironcinder in Minecraft. See my imgur account for pix.
Iskander
Shrinky Dink

Postby zuk on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:09 am

I'll friend you guys. I haven't had much going on due to work flaring up so much recently. I'm hoping that after this weekend I can get back into the gym on a regular basis.
Board Game Madness blog
Jukebox Cyclist blog
zuk
Speaks when spoken to

Postby zuk on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:24 am

Just posted to the group. We can actually do challenges now. Could be weightlifting (which I can't do yet - still in PT for my shoulder), running, cycling, swimming, pushups, pullups, a few others, or just any point competition (all activities).

I was thinking a point competition. How much people could get in the span of a week or something?
Board Game Madness blog
Jukebox Cyclist blog
zuk
Speaks when spoken to

Return to Food, Health, Family, Fashion