nerdnyc.com

> Boardgame Night: April 25th    > True Nerd Trivia: May 8th  

WHAT'S NEW?   RULES   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   CALENDAR   PLAYER SEARCH   PRIVATE ROOM   STEAM   NEW TO NYC?   NERDNYC SHIRTS 

Soy Creamer!

Recipes, carnivores, herbivores, vegetarians, vegans, freegans, single children, twins, quintuplets...

Postby TheBauhausCure on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:27 pm

I'm addicted to coupons at the moment. I had one for soy creamer from Whole Foods. I don't usually drink coffee unless I'm out late (I used to drink a lot of coffee, but now I use fruit for energy).

Tell me how to use the Soy Creamer!
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies," said Jojen. "The man who never reads lives only one.”

cawshis wrote:Because the zombies aren't the problem. It's the idiots you're surviving with.
TheBauhausCure
Chess Club Cheerleader

Postby Questionor on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:00 am

You bought soy creamer with no use for it just cause you had a coupon?

Also energy from fruit (i.e. from sugar) is much more temporary than from caffiene. And to some extent also has a depressive effect after the sugar high wears off.
I love black coffee :)
Find me on Facebook = Questionor
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." - Thorin
Affirmative. Death-Bot 9000 would rather avoid internet drama.
Caffeo Ergo Sum
Questionor
Justice League Reject

Postby Frank on Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:11 am

I was putting creamer in plain instant oatmeal.
"Contracting a flesh-easting bacteria would be devastating for me because I would immediately transfer it to other parts of my body. Namely, my penis." -Emukt
Frank
In the Age of Wonder

Postby Evilyn on Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:19 am

I love soy creamer! Trader Joe's has their own brand and it's cheaper and really good. There's also a coconut-based one to that's very good. I always buy the plain stuff, as flavored creamers annoy me.

Frank's oatmeal suggestion is awesome. You can make homemade Thai iced tea with it. Honestly I just end up putting it in coffee, with no sugar, since it's sweetened anyway.

It's also nice in baking, in particular for scones.
Evilyn
Forgot Real Name

Postby TheBauhausCure on Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:45 am

That's a great idea! I bought oatmeal a few weeks ago, but was shocked that it used nearly all of the sugar I was allowed on myfitnesspal. I'll have to try getting some of the bulk stuff.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies," said Jojen. "The man who never reads lives only one.”

cawshis wrote:Because the zombies aren't the problem. It's the idiots you're surviving with.
TheBauhausCure
Chess Club Cheerleader

Postby TheBauhausCure on Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:46 am

Questionor wrote:You bought soy creamer with no use for it just cause you had a coupon?

I have problems. :cry:

TheBauhausCure
Chess Club Cheerleader

Return to Food, Health, Family, Fashion